Mold Removal Productswhite mold removal. You must wear safety gear and this includes a N-95 respiratory mask, disposable coveralls, goggles, and gloves! This is not a joke and when you do mold removal you need to protect yourself so you do not get sick and so you do not spread the mold spores throughout
the house and make the problem worse.
There are many Mold Removal products you can use in the home safely:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
If the area of mold you are cleaning is larger than 3x3 feet or 9 square feet then you should call a professional for your water damage mold removal. Yes you can try and do this job yourself, but chances are there will be drywall removal and mold in the insulation and walls.
The easiest solution to black mold removal is vinegar. Vinegar is a reliable disinfectant and is known to kill bacteria, germs and molds effectively. Pour or spray some distilled white vinegar on black mold and scrub off black mold, which might be present on any hard surface. Alternatively, you can also use three teaspoons of tea tree oil mixed in 3 cups of water to make an effective substitute and get on with the scrubbing.
Non-permeable materials are more of hassle comparatively, e.g. plastic, glass, rubber, etc. It is preferred that you seal the room with plastic sheets and tapes before you begin. Spray either vinegar or the tea tree oil solution on to the moldy surfaces and leave it for at least 24 hours. After you have waited for 24 hours, use your preferred detergent to wash the mold off.
During the cleaning processes, try to keep the mold wet as its releases airborne spores, which even though would die because of vinegar but might still cause allergic reactions. Once you are done, dry the area with a dehumidifier to prevent any future growth of mold. Dispose off the material you used for cleaning the mold by sealing it in a plastic bag.
Items like furniture are quite impossible to completely get rid of mold. Unless you are willing to put an extra effort and time to save that sofa which reminds you of someone special, it is wise and easier to discard it than saving it. Instead of moving the objects through the house to cause more mold contamination, it is better to flip them out the window.
If you are thinking of why to go through all this trouble to remove black mold rather than just use the chemicals to kill it, be assured that it can grow again in those places and even if not so, the dead spores can cause severe health issues in people with allergies and respiratory problems. If the area of contamination is large, it is advisable that you call for professional help.